Blackburn Rovers’ Steven Nzonzi misses the game after admitting an FA charge of violent conduct following an incident with Stoke City’s Ryan Shawcross. His place is likely to be taken by Radosav Petrovic.
Steve Kean’s men should be able to call upon the services of captain Christopher Samba and Martin Olsson. Kean is likely to recall four of the players that missed Tuesday’s disappointing defeat to Cardiff City, with Paul Robinson, Mauro Formica, Junior Hoilett and Yakuku expected to return.
Swansea City will be without record signing and top scorer Danny Graham after he injured his Achilles during Sunday’s sombre draw against Aston Villa. His place is likely to be taken by Leroy Lita who came on to replace him on Sunday.
Angel Rangel will also be out for up to a month after damaging ankle ligaments in the game against Villa, he will be replaced by Wales Under-21 captain Jazz Richards.
- Blackburn Rovers have the joint-worst home record in the Premier League having secured just one win out of six games this season – the solitary victory coming against Arsenal.
- Rovers haven’t kept a clean sheet in any of their last 16 Premier League games, which is a new record for the club.
- The seven points the team has picked up over the first 13 games of the season makes for the club’s worst ever start to a Premier League season.
- No team with seven points or less from the first 13 games have managed to avoid the drop in the last 10 seasons.
- Swansea City’s two points from their six away games means they have the worst away record in the Premier League.
- Michel Vorm (pictured right) has kept more clean sheets in the Premier League than any other goalkeeper.
- Swansea have scored the second-least amount of goals away from home this season, with only Stoke’s record worse.